Did you know that Harvesters feeds more than 66,000 people every week? That equates to 1 in 8 people in the region they serve. Details from Harvesters 2013 Annual Report:
- In 2013, Harvesters’ BackSnack Program provided weekly backpacks full of nutritious, kid-friendly food to 18,210 students in 384 schools.
- Harvesters 118 Kids Café sites served 279,417 meals during the 2012-2013 school year.
- 37% of those served by Harvesters’ programs are children.
- Harvesters distributed 42,317,879 pounds of food to 620 food pantries, kitchens and shelters in its hunger relief network.
- Harvesters filled empty tables with 37,277,664 meals during fiscal year 2013.
- In 2013, Harvesters distributed 1,719,753 pounds of food to low-income and homebound seniors at 52 sites through the Senior Mobile Food Pantries.
- Harvesters’ hunger-relief network agencies provide nutritious meals and groceries to 5,300 older adults each week.
- Harvesters helps feed nearly 24,000 seniors each year.
- Project STRENGTH offers 8-week courses to adults and seniors to help them cook healthier meals and stretch their food budgets.
- Harvesters provided families and individuals with more than 12.6 million pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables in 2013.
- Harvesters expanded its Teen EATS, Kids in the Kitchen and Project STRENGTH nutrition education programs to reach 21,352 children, adults and senior citizens.
Now, that’s A LOT of food! If you’d like to help us help Harvesters’ with its efforts, please donate a chili bundle today. Click the following link to purchase and we’ll take care of the rest! Our Fortiviti team is volunteering next week to help sort and package food. We will be donating all items at that time.